About the 12 year old and 2 year old.

I think what Fartus Ignitus did by posting below was show the imaturity of most far leftist. Why does this deserve it's own thread? Because the other
one is laced with lies and liberal ploys.
What the Democrats did was employ a child to say that the healthcare system was needed.
Republicans responded by saying that the boy was being exploited. So, Fartus calls that an attack on a 12 year old and 2 year old. This is kind of like liberals saying that Rush Limbaugh called soldiers phoney, when in fact, he only called Jesse McBeth and those like him phoney.
"The critics accused Graeme's father, Halsey, a self-employed woodworker, of choosing not to provide insurance for his family of six, even though he owned his own business. They pointed out that Graeme attends an expensive private school. And they asserted that the family's home had undergone extensive remodeling, and that its market value could exceed $400,000. " http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/10/washington/10memo.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
Ahem, and this is exactly the Republicans claim. If you can afford health insurance but chose not to provide it then you do not need socialized medicine. Yet Democrats attempt to call Republicans "haters of the poor" and "children haters."
Typical Liberal Politics!
What this comes down is that Democrats are trying to push socialized medicine more and more, to even those who do not require it and then accusing Republicans of being rich fat cats when they suggest that it is not needed for a family who sends their kids to an expensive private school and own a home worth 400,000 dollars. The lowest of the lows.

We already have socialized medicine, and if I told you the example I'm thinking of, you'd tell me you loved it and would never want it to be eliminated.

Not to the fullest extent Joe. It is relatively minor compared to most countries and that is for good reason. It is to keep society from becoming dependent on government.
I have no problem with some social healthcare services but it should only be used in dire circumstances.
What is happening in our country right now is a movement of people who don't want to be responsible for their own health cost, and instead would rather spend that money on gadgets.
I am not saying healthcare is cheap. Obviously it is not. However, that can be fixed in other ways.

Name the example I'm talking about.

I cannot read your mind and I don't play your mind games.
It does not matter if you have a good example of it or not. I have about 20 bad examples of socialized healthcare that I have witnessed first hand in the medical field.

I'm headed out to hear some music. Stay tuned until tomorrow morning. Let's see if Natalie gets it. She's 113.72 times smarter than anyone here except me.
You must be kidding, right? Natalie, at the least, has a high school diploma or she could not be working in her field, she has to be smarter than you LOL
mike

Name the institution I'm talking about.
Is that a question? LOL
mike

"JoeSpareBedroom"...

Medicare.
Natalie

Nope. Much more obvious, and absolutely necessary when the country is run by impotent men who need to in order to get a woody with their women.
"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

OK, I'm stumped.
Natalie

One last clue, Natalie: http://tinyurl.com/2dfgy2
If this doesn't help, check wikipedia for articles about socialized medicine.
Once again, this is a "structure" which everyone agrees is necessary, and other than the occasional screwup, works quite well. Its customers generally like the way it works.

Joe's guessing games are what pseudointellectuals do. They give you a trivia question that they believe is profound. When you answer, they keep saying "nope, not yet." But rest assured, he is going to give you a magnificent answer that will blow your mind.

Here you go, Natalie. I assume you agree with this definition of socialized medicine:
Main Entry: socialized medicine Function: noun : medical and hospital services for the members of a class or population administered by an organized group (as a state agency) and paid for from funds obtained usually by assessments, philanthropy, or taxation
If you agree with that, you'll also agree that this is socialized medicine: http://www1.va.gov/health/index.asp
"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

I don't see how that's socialized. Socialized medicine would be available to everyone. Only veterans can get this. (hubby and I hope we'll never need it, by the way).
Natalie

Do you agree with the definition, above?
"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

Not really, because my understanding of it, is that the general public would have access. That definition you gave seems inconsistent.
Natalie

I don't agree that socialized medicine means a plan must be available to everyone. I like the definition above, since it includes the word "class", defined as "a group, set, or kind sharing common attributes." For the VA, the class with common attributes is veterans, 7.9 million of them as of fiscal year 06: http://www1.va.gov/vetdata/docs/4X6_summer07_sharepoint.pdf
I suppose you could say that BECAUSE it only serves a class, it is a private health plan, but that wouldn't hold water. It's paid for by our tax dollars, so it's not private.
If you want to stick with your definition, then you've completely trashed the numbskulls (dbu, Sot, etc.) who think the various national health care plans are examples of socialized medicine. They're not, since none of them would be equally available to everyone if they ever made it into law. Based on this, the numbskulls can now stop parroting Hush Bimbo, who ordered them to say "socialized medicine".