engine

Is the 4.6 romeo in a 98 f150 4x4 the same as a 4.6 romeo in a 98 grand marquis. I know there will be some diffrences like intake, oil pan, manifolds and sensors but what about the block and heads Thanks

Reply to
Brad

Hollander says the block & heads are the same.

If you want to do some in-depth research to confirm this, play around at

using different part requests (head, block, I & E manifolds, oil pan, etc.) to see what cross-references for your need.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Reply to
Brad

Drop the frame instead

Reply to
sleepdog

Engine R&R "can" be done without lifting the cab, BUT, you will make up new 4 letter words doing it that way. If you have access to a lift, do your self a favor and raise the cab. Another concern is lifting the motor high enough to get it out of the engine bay on a 4x4. A cherry picker won't do it. I did a number if engines on F-series and Expeditions, the first one without lifting the cab. I'll NEVER do it that way again, everything was a struggle. You can have the cab off in about 1.5 hrs, it's not hard at all. If you don't have access to a lift, you should seriously consider having someone else do the job. Good luck. Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins

same be sure to unhook timing chain

lmfao hurc ast

Reply to
gerald smith

Im not that stupid

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Thanks I was thinking of doing that I havn't looked to see if the rad support comes apart I take a real close look tomorrow to see what my options are like. My biggest worry are getting at the belhousing bolts without lifting the cab.

Reply to
Brad