Escort 96, Many problem ! (0/1)

Hello,

I have a escort 96, 1.9L hachback, my first problem : I don't have any light in the dash should be simple but I don't find it ! I check the Variable switch, look good 1 ground, 2 vcc but when I dim the light no one vcc drop. Second problem.. is the speed meter in the dashboard, when i go over 60Km the needle go crazy, but not the RPM and not the milleage .... ?? somebody not the anwser ? I was thinking the gears inside the speedmeter because when I am over 60Km it make a sound like ziiiiii a strip gear, but a friend tell me it could be the cable from the transmission ?

Third problem .... when I have remove the shift cover I have found a motor switch under the shifter broken ... but it look like it don`t have any use for that ?! it's weird i give you some pict .. you will see the part number is sla31411-42 or br72 i have already check on google ... nothing i will call the dealer tomorow to see what it is !!!

Reply to
RetsaM

Hiya,

I dunno what a "vcc" is. The variable swith has an earth for the bulb inside it, nothing to do with dimming the dash lights.

I'd go with your friend and change the cable from the transmission first.

The switch under the shift cover? do you mean the "won't start in drive" switch or the "reverse light" switch? possibly?

hope this helps

pottsy

Reply to
pottsy

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 06:36:06 +0000 (UTC), "pottsy" wrote: Hi,

So what is make the dash dim ?

I will change the cable and let u know after.

and the switch... it is motor operated ..... the "won`t start in drive" switch don`t do nothing because I have disconnected it and everything going right... but were is the "reverse light" switch and what it look like ?

Thank agains !

Reply to
RetsaM