93 FORD F-150 5.0 302ci.

Need to know why I am getting oil blowing back into air filter and air filter box

Reply to
Lane2005

dont they usually say its the pcv valve sticking?

Reply to
ed

I'd say you may have bad piston rings causing too much compression blowby. Puts too much pressure in the crankcase but as ED said try the PCV valve first. If it is stuck closed, over time pressure will build up enough to back up into the air intake hose. I had a Chevy that did this and it turned out that it had bad rings.

Rick

Reply to
thetoolman

That is usually a PCV malfunction or overload. The overload is a result of excessive blowby caused by wear. The other problem may be a bad PCV valve or hose. There is also a filter under the PCV in the block that can become clogged over time preventing it from passing crankcase gases to the valve. It's a bi**h to get at but, may be worth replacing. If you are building excess crankcase pressure, it can cause gasket and seal failures. The oil pan gasket seems to be the weak point in that area.

Good luck Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut