F-150 Pick Up

I had a 1999 F-150 burn to the ground a couple of years ago while it was not running. It had been shut off 30 minutes or so. The fire appeared to start some where near the bottom/back of the motor. My insurance company paid for my loss except for my deductible. Will I qualify for reimbursement under your current recall?

Reply to
GAIL WATSON

What recall are you referring to? Did your truck have cruise control? The recently announced recall to replace cruise control deactivation switches is only for 2000 and a few

2001 vehicles. Maybe you should file a complaint with NHTSA
). I searched the NHTSAcomplaint database and there is not even one against a 1999F150 that involved the cruise control switch (the subject ofthe 2000 recall). In fact there were only 9 uniquecomplaints in total against 1999 F150s. 2 were for sparkplugs (and one of those was against a Super Duty V10), 1 fora head gasket, 1 for the turn signal stalk (it was fussy), 1for ABS brakes locking up (entered twice), 1 about the doorlatch, and 3 aboiut the air cleaner (lets in water in therain).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White