Ford Escort - engine

Hi,

I need your help to figure out why my engine is sputtering for 15-20 minutes when it is cold. It does start ok when cold and After that is just running ok without problems. The engine misses are random and I can correlate them with a cylinder , have no timing but are felt more when I accelerate when shaking occur.

I changed the gas , air filters, spark plugs rotor cap but it did not help. Is this an electrical problem or engine related?

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Chris

Reply to
Zorba

how about changing the spark plug wires?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

Thank you for your help,

The problem was from an interrupted spark plug wire and dirt on its pipe. It seems that somehow after getting warm the fire start letting the ignition pulses to pass.

Thank you,

Zorba