Ford F350 Dually

What was the first year Ford made a dually pickup? Was a club cab or crew cab available? I have a '79 F250 Camper Special Club cab which I installed a 4:11 posi dual rear from a rescue wagon in. I've got a C6 with a US gears overdrive and a overbored, ported 460 w/cam, headers and 3" exhaust. Still smokes all four tires with 120K on the engine. I love the vehicle for towing my 24' enclosed racecar trailer, but the cab body is gradually rusting away. I was wondering about finding a rust free dually that this driveline would drop into but would like to know the if a dually was made in 1979. I've never seen a dually made before around 1980.

Reply to
oldjag

Uh... wouldnt it be easier to swap cabs?

Just a thought...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yes that would be easier, especially since he seems to have a good driveline. Ford truck cabs are an easy swap. Problem is, those extended cabs rusted really bad structurally in rustbelt areas. I know 3 people who are looking. If you know of any in your neck of the woods, give me a holler.

Reply to
Tom Adkins