Ford Fusion

Ford isn't going to make the new Fusion Available as an AWD V6 manual transmission set up. How lame is that. Furthermore, ABS brakes are an option! That is so stupid.

Ford, I thought I was going to be waiting in line to purchase a the new Fusion. But you just lost my patronage on this one.

On the other hand I happen to like the new Chevy Cobalts. I can get one as a manual 5-Speed with a superchanged 4 banger in it. I like the look and feel of those cars. They are an all new platform by GM and I happen to think that GM did the right thing on this one.

The only GM car I've had was a Saturn. Which was a great car until I totalled it one rainy day on a Freeway interchange.

My brother has the S10 Chevy which is I think a 2001 model. It's got tons of mileage on it now and it's still running strong. I like the sound that trucks engine makes.

But by the looks of things, the Cobalt is the better pick over the Fusion. I suspect the Cobalt weighs less too. A big PLUS in my book as roomy light weight cars are great for all around usage. They don't burn up as much gasoline, plus they generally stop and go a lot better.

I'm not sure what my next car will be. I'm going to look into the new Chevy Colorado's and see if that type of truck can be had with a manual

5-Speed. I like the idea of the truck chassis set up better. The engine is mounted strait rather than sideways. From there the drive shaft runs back to the rear on a solid rear axle. The cooling fan is hooked up directly to the engine rather than using an electric motor. Possibly a transfer case for AWD or 4X4. If those options are available I'll pick the AWD over the other.

Now to me, the *true* truck chassis/powertrain is built more solid than any unit-body FWD car will ever be. Plus I love long distance road trips and a truck would handle some of those bad roads a lot better than any unit-body car would. It's about time I get something that's isn't FWD and doesn't have the struts/mcpherson. It's a trade off of ride comfort vs. durability. For a beater/work horse car I'll choose durability.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Damn pricey too.

Reply to