Ford Mondeo Steering Problem

Had new front tyres fitted. Car had been pulling slightly to left. Had computerised 4 wheel alignment done by tyre fitters. Now car still pulls to left but steering wheel has to be held of centre to keep car in straight line. Any ideas/

Reply to
MONDEOCLIVE

I found that the "computer" alignments, and some of the guys doing them, are not adequate. I go to the old-fashoined place where they hang mirrors on the wheels and spend about two hours doing my alignment. My vehicles all drive better as a result.

Reply to
Scott

"MONDEOCLIVE" wrote: Ford Mondeo Steering Problem

Had new front tyres fitted. Car had been pulling slightly to left. Had computerised 4 wheel alignment done by tyre fitters. Now car still pulls to left but steering wheel has to be held off centre to keep car in straight line. Any ideas/ __________________________________________________________

A computer says the wheels are aligned but the car goes sideways?

1.) A proper wheel alignment orients wheels to roll straight with no side pull on a regular roadway.

2.) A proper wheel alignment orients the steering wheel to be centered when the vehicle is rolling straight forward.

The wheels are not aligned. Get the tyre fitters to do the job right.

Good Luck.

Wendy & John.

Wendy & John

A properly set up computerized wheel alignment machine, used properly by a trained operator, will give you an excellent alignment every time. An uncalibrated unit, run by an untrained tire installer at a chain tire store has as good a chance of giving you a good job as you have of winning a lottery - twice.

Find an alignment expert - with ANY kind of equipment, properly maintained and used.

The computerized system just makes it faster and easier.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

mornin'

swap the front tyres around, it is possible that one has a higher rolling resistance than the other, I know it might sound odd but I've known this happen twice in all the years, then of course there's the alignment,

pottsy