Ford Truck Question two TIA

We all are so flippin' impressed with the gas prices, and I will try to make this short! The vehicle as I stated in my other post is a 1978 Ford F-100 with a 1972 Mach I motor (302 cid), and a three speed stick shift. I am considering adding a 4 barrel and intake to the truck nothing huge mind you and further I plan a set of headers to help the flow. My question is what is the best MSD ignition going to boost milage and performance? The motor probably only has a little more life in it as it is, and yes in the future there is going to be another 302 in the thing after all I have to have eight cylinders (what kind of car guy would I be? LOL). Thanks again.

Dark

Reply to
Dark Angel

Well, it's a fun toy for fiddlers but you aint ever going to surpass a stock mid-90's F-150 of the same configuration... BUT as said in other post..

This isnt a modder forum,

sign up for forums on:

ford-trucks.com

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Saving money by *NOT* buying an MSD ignition system is my best bet, if you're going to run an electronic ignition, Ford built one that will work just fine.

SteveL

Reply to
pakeha

snipped-for-privacy@not.a.real.address.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

every single unit I have put a MSD on has gotten better gas milage. Now if it is cost efficient? that is another story. KB PS you should run the electronic ign and the MSD.

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Thank you again to all! It wasn't me that did the "mods" to this thing actually from searching around the truck had a 300 six in it! Great motor!! I have owned two of those before! But the last owner (I assume) did the deed of the upgrade motor, and it really is anybodys guess if it was and is actually a mustang motor! The air cleaner suggests that it was to fit under a low profile hood as the element is side mounted to the carb! The last owner told me it was install while he had it but fail to tell me why the 300 was replaced! Thanks again to everyone who replied!

Dark

Reply to
Dark Angel