302 ford motor

Was there any year or vehicle that for produced the 302 motor with aluminum heads?

I have a 1968 302 that I want to put a set of cheap [weight reduction] aluminum heads on, or a 302 motor that has aluminum heads.

Reply to
jack.kidder

Aluminum heads and cheap don't go together...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Nope. you'll need to go Ford Motorsport or aftermarket. About the best factory head Ford offered for the 302 was the cast-iron GT-40 or GT-40P heads.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Either that or save your pennies for the 600HP version of the 302, coming from Ford in 2009.

Reply to
<nospam

Is that the Boss 302? I thought it was already available.

Reply to
Spike

don't think any 302 motor came from the factory with Aluminum heads they were all cast iron.

Like was stated before the best heads for the small block Ford wer

the GT40 heads. And you can get a set of those from Ford Motorsport

And right, cheap and aluminum heads should not be used in the sam

sentence

Reply to
Kwiksilver

Are you talking about a pushrod motor? If not it won't help the OP.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

There are no factory aluminum heads that I know of for the 302. Like was mentioned, there are no "cheap" aluminum heads. You can eliminate weight in other ways from the front end by relocating the battery to the hatch area, replacing the K member/control arms with light weight pieces. Using coil over shocks etc. Remember that cutting weight while increasing performance and maintaining reliability is never a cheap proposition.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Go to eBay. Search for SB Ford Aluminum heads. You'll find what you want.

Al

Reply to
Big Al