Free newsserver for this forum?

Major (derelict) ISP's have ended even text-only Usenet netnews service in recent months.

My (derelict) ISP (AT&T) will end even text-only Usenet netnews service in a few days.

Does anyone know of a free netnews server that supports access to this forum?

Thanks, Puddin'

Puddin' Man

This one seems to get the text only groups for free. You need to register and get username and password. Easy to setup. They will need your EMail to send signon info.

Lugnut

Reply to
Herbert Childs

I forgot to put the link in but, it seems to be in the header. Just in case

Lugnut

Reply to
Herbert Childs

Here also: textnews.news.cambrium.nl

Reply to
John Keiser

Do I need a username, password? If so, where can I find?

I can't connect to

Thx, P

Puddin' Man

In OE the account is simply "textnews.news.cambrium.nl". No "http://". No log on required. This is working for me as a backup.

Reply to
John Keiser

For me as well, thanks to you. It was the "no logon" part that I lacked.

Cheers, P

Puddin' Man

I have thanked Lugnut numerous times over the years.

I thank Lugnut yet again!

Best, p

Puddin' Man