front fans, vents, rear defroster, etc.

when i start my car and i live in minnesota by the way obviously it is really cold but when i start it and i turn my vents on or my front defroster or something liek that even the rear defroster i think but anyway they wont turn on now i thought at first that sometimes it may not start because of how cold it is and it might take a while for the car to warm up then they will start up but i have a 1993 ford taurus and i have the climate control type one and when i put the dial or wheel all the way up to like the fastest it like clicks it makes a clicking noise then when i put it down to low it does the same thing a clicking noise now is that because its so cold it wont start because it starts right up on other days but just today it wouldnt start it has only done this one time before also the car sits outside so that could be why its so cold any help would be appreciated thanks

Reply to
joetoeben

The blower has bearings the bearings must be lubed and when they get so old the lube dries out and some gets out of the bearings then when that happens the drier lube gets stiffer when it gets cold and when it does that the motor is harder to turn when its real cold so you probably need a new blower motor or at least a good one from a salvage yard but i am not sure the motor is that easy to get out so i suggest you might ask a mechanic how much it would cost to replace it hope that helps

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic