FS: 1996 Mercury Cougar XR-7 (Loaded)

We have owned the car for four years now (driven by wife). We are the second owners of the car.
Car is fully loaded with: Leather Interior, ABS, Traction Assist, AM/FM CD, Dual Power Seats,
Sport Package (Wheels), 4.6 L V8, Automatic Transmission. Paint: White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic Clearcoat (Pearl White)
New Michelin ($500+) tires with 6,000 miles on them. New Heater core replaced this past summer. A/C and Heater work great.
Car has 155,000 highway miles. Routine 3000 mile oil changes (does not burn oil between changes). Car does not smoke and starts right up. Engine was replaced by Ford at 60K because of a recall, when previous owner owned it. Leather interior is in great condition. This car is sturdy, economical for a V8 (21 MPG on highway) and drives smooth. Over all in great condition. Car has never being smoked in (ash trays never used).
KBB: Private Party Value $3,865
Asking Price: $3,000 OBO
We have purchased a new car and must sell this one.
Car is sold as is with no warranty
Please contact me via email at: snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net or call (972)952-2962
Car is located in Wylie, TX
Visit this page for pictures and options on the car.
http://users3.ev1.net/~trinic/cougar/cougar.html
Thank you,
Damn, it does look to be in fantastic shape for a 1996 with 155k miles on it! The only thing I don't like is the acres of bland grey interior. So many newer Ford vehicles have such plain interiors anymore.
Good luck selling it. Hopefully someone who will continue to take exceptional care of it will purchase it.

Steve Reinis opined in

In case any of you wonder how long that car would last... I just bought a 92 Cougar v6 with 255 k miles on it -a Detroit freeway daily driver- from the original owner... it drives great, only a slight indication of loose front end. Trans was replaced ONCE.. at 220K. Obligatory 3.8 Head Gaskets at 120k

I've owned a 93 Thunderbird with the 3.8. I replaced the head gasket on my car at 150K. Sold with close to 200K. Never had to replace trans before I sold. Car ran like a champ. Cougar runs tight for the miles it has (highway miles). Willing to drop the price down to $2500 firm.... Thx,