2005 Escape fuel ipe flapper valve Problem

I have an 05 Escape and noticed that the flapper valve is missing in the fuel filler tube. Not sure there was one there to begin with. Should there be a flapper in the filler tube? I knoe this sounds like a dumb question, but I never noticed If the valve broke off, it would probably be stuck in the tube and maybe the reason why it is extremely difficult to fill the tnk.

Reply to
mstrspy