fuel guage sender floats

Hello all:

I replaced the fuel sender on my '82 Mark VI because of a leaky float, now it's gone bad too. I've soldered the holes in it (where I can see them), it lasts a couple weeks then leaks again, sending the float to the bottom. Does anyone know of a source for floats, which could be generic, and retrofit to the sender unit? I can't imagine you could get the floats separately from Ford. TIA,

Chris Nagorka '82 Mk VI '97 Grand Marquis '98 E250

Reply to
Chris Nagorka

Thunder Fish

Yes, these are the beer keg looking jobs- I'll go down to the dealership tomorrow!

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris Nagorka