X-type fuel guage sender.

I own a 3.0L x-type and have just had the first service completed by my local dealer.The day after the service I began to have problems with the
fuel guage (reading zero after just filling up, going to full after acouple of hours, generally giving spurious readings) I telephoned my dealer and they informed me over the phone without even looking at the vehicle that the fuel sender would need replacing and dealt with it promptly and efficiently. This apparent E.S.P. suggests to me that this is not an uncommon problem . Has anybody else had such a failure.
Keith.
P.S. The car is only 5 months old!

acouple
the
efficiently.
Keith I got this on my (2 yr old) X. Its common. There is a fix which service does under warranty. Did they charge you for it ?
There is another tale about the 'sticky boot latch'. On the 3rd attempt mine now fixed.
Don't get me wrong.....great car and I love it.
David,
repair was carried out under warranty. I believe the sticky bootlatch problem doesnt exist in cars manufactured after October 2002.......... Or am I wrong?

.
mine

am
I believe you are right.