Fuel Guage and Sender

Anyone changed the sender for the fuel guage (ie the electric bit that sits on/in the fuel tank and send the reading to the fuel guage)?
My fuel guage itself is suddenly reading only part full / empty no matter what the fuelk level and its very frustrating - not to mention risky as one stops paying atention to how much fuel is or might be left!
Any other ideas? I assume I have to change to fuel sender.
On Saturday, in article
snipped-for-privacy@skynet.be "Gordon James" wrote:

It would help to be a bit more informative about just which of Land Rover's many fine products you are dealing with.
It may be a fault in the gauge. It may be a bad earth.

"I am Number Two," said Penfold. "You are Number Six."
Could be worth checking the float hasnt developed a puncture and sunk, also earth the wire to the sender and watch the guage if it swings to full scale the wiring and guage are in good nick. Hope this helps

You don't say which vehicle it's for - but for the most part they are quite straightforward, if a little difficlut to get at sometimes.
Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done