Fusion getting good marks?

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:BfIOqzLe-oUJ:

Jeff

I never said all Lincoln trucks get a "5" for the first digit, all Mercury trucks get a "4" Some Aviators have a 4 as well.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

What evidence do you have that it is not? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You thought wrong, do a search WBMA IF one brings in steel from Japan then stamps a fender in Canada and a hood in the US those parts count for the NAP label. For US content, they are zero.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Get real, no wonder you are confused. The VIN, by design, whether using 1,

4 or 5, from the same manufacturer, on the exact same vehicles, of the exact same sequential built number changes annually. Even then, the check digit can be changed to allow for another 999,999 vehicles built exactly the same. One will run out of sales before they run out of VINs evn on one individual model. If they run out of manufacturers they can simply add one more digit for thousands more manufactures

mike

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:BfIOqzLe-oUJ:

Mike Hunter

Wrong again. The number came from a number of media reports.

Who said it has to be in your name?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Winnipeg Minor Basketball Association?

What does WMBA stand for?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Come now. I did a search on "Aviator VIN" and every Aviator it found had a VIN begining with 5. To be sure, I looked here:

Ford seems to think you are wrong.

What is your evidence?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You've got it ass backwards again.

You made the claim. You back it up.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Did you even read the articles? They were talking about a shortage of WMIs.

Oh, and your wrong about the last 6 digits of the VIN, too. That sequence of the last 6 digits can begin with A (A00001 through F99999), J (J00001 through L99999), M, 6 or 1. Ford does not begin any sequence with 000001.

Jeff

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:BfIOqzLe-oUJ:

Jeff

Because Lincoln was assigned a WMI "5LT" for its trucks by the Society of Automotive Engineers, the people who are designate by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration to assign WMIs.

According this table,

prepared by Ford, the only digit Lincoln MPVs and Trucks start with is '5'. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

In addition, I don't think NAFTA would even allow the first digit of the VIN to reflect US content as opposed to US + Canadian content. Then again, there is no US law or code which requires that the first letter of the VIN represent anything other than the country of manufacture.

For each combination of manufacturer (Lincoln | Ford | Mercury | Mazda ) and vehicle type (passenger car, MPV, truck, etc.), the VIN in positions 1, 2 and 3 is unique.

That means Ford doesn't even has the posibility of changing the first digit according to content. And Ford makes zero vehicles under the Ford brand with a VIN that begins with a 4 or 5. If Mike is correct, then, it makes *all* of its Ford tvehicles with > 70% US content, but none of its Mercury, Mazda or Lincoln trucks or SUVs with > 70% content and some those vehicles (nearly identical to Fords built on the same assembly line with the same NA content) with < 40% US content? Mike, that doesn't make sense.

And if the content was reflected in the VIN, don't you think that somebody else would know this and report it on the web? Not one other source I found said word 1 about this. You would think it would be mentioned at least in passing by automotive magazines or other press reports, in the government web pages, in the US code, mentioned in passing on the tables that list the WMIs, like the one I referenced from Ford.

Jeff

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

messagenews:45e44dd4$1@kcnews01...

unique.https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/pdfs/VIN2007.pdf>

We should give up trying to correct Mike. I suspect Mike knows he is wrong and is to self righteous to admit it, or he is just plain stupid. If he had any actual proof, he would have posted it long ago. Instead he ignores any proof to the contrary and alludes to mysterious proof that no one else is able to find. It is an old tactic for crooks and liars. Hopefully Mike is just to stubborn to admit he is wrong. I'd hate to think he was a crook or a liar. I had much rather think he is just mistaken and stubborn.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

You've got it ass backwards again.

You made the claim. You back it up.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You said the interior is made in Canada. You back it up.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Yep, I agree.

Shame, though. Mike's not stupid, just, apparently, stuburn.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff