Getting spark plugs out - Taurus 3.0

Okay, none of my old (and I mean OLD) spark plug sockets will work extracting plugs on the 1994 3.0.

What size do I need? Obviously has to be thin-wall to a high degree.

Can I get these things out w/a 3/8 u-joint? Or do I have to remove those brackets, hoses, and stuff in the way?

Dave G.

Reply to
Dave G

Thomas Moats

i used my old 30 yrs. spark plug socket(all craftsman stuff) i got a

93 3.0 taurus, GL. the ones in the front were easy.. the ones in the back i could not see and had to go by feel.. do it in the morning when the engine is cold and you can feel around and not burn or cut your hands... and when you think you got the one in the back on the passenger side by going from the drivers side then you got it made.... i dont remember what exactly extensions i used, i have then all, 2 in. to 28 in. bars.. and a couple of 3/8 universal joints... if i remember correctly the size of the plug is a little smaller then the older ford plugs so you might go to auto zone and buy some, get the motor craft plugs for about $1.20 each the same thing that is in the taurus now.. and then look for a socket for the plug....that way you know the one you have is the correct size.....
Reply to
jim

Add this: Don't fight with a socket in tight quarters. Get a piece of

3/8 fuel hose about 8 inches long. Once the plug is loose slide the hose over the plug and turn. Same for starting the new plug. Helps much.

Frank

Reply to
F.H.