help! leaking 95 taurus 3.0 vulcan timing cover

.. leaking coolant.

Cant find my 95 cd manual

went to autoz Drain and remove oil pan.

Go to 'oil pan', implies it can be done by dropping starter, exhaust and insp cover for trans.

Is that right? Thought the engine had to be lifted clear of cradle or etc.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Note: Found in google of this group that some say dont have to drop pan.

Not an option in my case, as I also have had an oil leak for some time in the same area.. may actually be in the pan to timing cover seal

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

on my 97 same engine just had to drop the exhaust, lots of room after that.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

Pull the starter and the Y-Pipe, the pan will drop right out after that. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Yeah.. that was a dumb post. Made the same mistake 'a rookie' would. Didnt see the tree for the forest.

BTW: PB BLASTER is great stuff... and I would have tried it except for prev comments on here.

I'll do a PBP review in the next few days.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic