hood pins

Hi,

I have a ford windstar that i got into an accident with. I managed to replace what was damage which consisted of lights, rad and then header panel. I managed to push back the hood latch support a few inches but I still have about an inch to go. Everything looks OK so to keep the hood down, I was thinking about using hood pins to hold the hood down. The hood itself is made of fiberglass. I am sure that it is stoing enough that it won't fly off with the hood pins holding down. My other option was to put washers on the latch support bolts so it might line up but I am not convinced that would be strong enough. I was thinking about doing both so the hood stays down and no one can steel anything from under the hood.

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
carlbernardi