How long Ford a owner?

Reply to
Mike hunt

My first car was a '70 LTD, in '75. I've owned all the domestic manufacturers cars at one time or another. As we speak(Type) I own a Ford for every day of the week, and even the wife owns two Fords... My daily right now is a '78 Bronco, gotta get me and the tools to work, my toys are Euro Fords, Capris and XR4Tis, and the dump runner is an '86 F150. The only car I shouldn't have sold is my old '67 Impala SS, 396/4speed/12 bolt, all stock, but I was a

22 year old know it all at the time... Do you know what those Chevy guys would pay for one of those??

So for the last 33 years, I've had a Ford, even the European ones count... SteveL

Reply to
pakeha

First car was a 56 purchased in the mid to late '60s.... followed by a 61 Falcon... soon fitted with a 260 V-8 (something that didn't happen until 63 or 64). And then a 64.5 Mustang vert with the 289/225 horse... This also went under the mechanical "knife" - when I was finally done, it sported dual quads, a totally ignorant mechanical lifter cam and a top loader in place of the recently destroyed C4... One missed 2 - 3 later and the motor fit real loose in a five gallon buck... Many others followed... a 67 Fairlane two door HT... a 72 XR7 vert (351C -4V in that puppy)...

If I had them today, I'd be a rich man... Sadly, back when they and I parted company - they were just another old car...

Reply to
Jim Warman

1985 Escort L - purchased for $500 1993 1990 Escort GT - purchased for $3500 1995 2000 Taurus Wagon - dealer new 2004 F-150 XLT - dealer new

So I've got fifteen years of Ford, can't complain too much because I like fixing cars and not too much goes wrong with the newer vehicles. The used ones had problems that I would have expected from any used car.

Reply to
sleepdog