Installing new power steering high pressure line - 1990 Escort GT

The aftermarket replacement high pressure hose came with a small bag with a yellow plastic cap inside of it. Does anyone know what this cap is for? When I took the old line off the rack and pump I do not recall finding a cap of any kind.

I did find a pin hole in the metal bend of the old high pressure line. Wish me luck that the old rack seals hold up after sitting for so many monthts ( fingers crossed ).

Thanks

Reply to
sleepdog

The plastic cap was installed on the new line to keep out contamination during processing\packing. Just toss it. They often fall off during shipping.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Wait a minute.. It was in the parts bag? It's certainly not crucial for installation. Maybe they put it there for you to cap an orifice while you install the new line?

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Yeah it was packaged like it was some significant part of the equation, but looking at the old line and fittings, no match. Both lines have matching, I think, Type 3 fittings that use the teflon o-ring.

I guess I could put it in the ps pump orifice for a few minutes...

Reply to
sleepdog