KA - Diagnostic software

I have a problem with a Ford KA. It's the "stalling at lights and occasionally between gears" that seems to be common. It's a UK standard 1.3 Endura engine, 1997 model (EEC-V), that's done 80,000 miles and been serviced regularly. Other than the stalling, it's fine.

I have two questions please - one specific and one more general engine diagnostic:

  1. Does anyone know what the fix for the stalling is?

  1. Before I buy a fault code reader, does anyone know of a diagnostic program that I could get for my laptop to help me check for faults and general performance? I recall that there was a guy in the US who supplied a piece of easy to use engine monitoring software and a connector (ISO) at a very reasonable price, but I can't find the details now.

Hope so... Jack.

Reply to
Jack Frobisher