Leaking transmission, 1995 Ford F150 XLT 4WD

Greetings,

I have a 1995 Ford F150 XLT with 4WD that I thought had a bad Trannie gasket, so, thought I would replace the filter while I had it apart, took the pan down, it was a little warped, not really that bad though, straightened it out and got a new original gasket for it, put it back together and it still had a leak, Took the pan back off, rechecked it, used the cheapo gasket that came with the filter, still had a leak, Got my little mirror out, put on my granny glasses and found that the leak was coming from above the gasket between the trannie and the 4wd unit. I really can't see to well up there because of the chassis frame support for the back of the trannie. I was wondering if there is some sort of sender unit that may be leaking that is mounted on the back of the trannie? Also, I haven't worked on any 4wd units, however, have taken a couple of trannies out of Chevy's to replace the rear engine seal. I guess that it could be the seal on the back of the trannie. Is there any sites that have tear apart info on the Ford XLT's. I have helm manuals for my other cars, really don't want to shell out $150.00+ for a set of shop manuals for this beast. Any info would be appreciated.

TIA,

Markus

Reply to
Markus