Lincoln LS question

I recently bought a 2004 Lincoln LS and I?ve noticed that after driving it for more than 5 or 10 minutes, after I turn it off, I can hear the engine coolant in the reservoir tank boiling/gurgling. Is this something I should worry about or is that ok?

Reply to
awilson6

If you are only driving it for 5-10 min, I would be worried. My Ranger did this to me, and it turned out to be a bad head gasket. Are you losing any coolant? Mine would lose about 1/2gal a night after driving about 30-40mi. Take your car out for a longer test drive, but before you start it, make sure your coolant is FULL.

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech

No problem there that is normal. What is happening is after you shut of the engine the engine is still hot and since the coolent is not flowing being cooled it reaches boiling tempature causing a little extra presure in the system and the radiator cap is releasing it into the reservoir tank. If you would after you stop allow the engine to run at idle for a few minutes letting the engine to cool down before shutting it off. Anyone who cares for their car should be doing this.

Reply to
Ripcord