Lincoln Town Car Steering problem - advice sought.

I have a Lincoln Town Car (1994) which has developed a steering problem. When turning the steering wheel to the left (particularly at low speeds) it seems that the power assistance to the steering is reduced or even none existant. This happens irrespective of the angle of the actual wheels on the ground - movement to the left from any angle seems to lack power assistance. Turning the steering wheel to the right works fine and is power assisted as normal.

If anyone has experience of this problem, or knows what the problem is

- I'd welcome any advice as to the cause.

regards Martyn

Reply to
martyn-google

I'd think it's almost certainly the steering gearbox, itself.. had a somewhat similar problem on an earlier model Ford

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic