Marquis - Can't Tell Amps By Part#

88 Grand Marquis 5.0. Trying to order Alternator, unsure if I need the 100 or the 65 amp. Looked underhood--no clue. I see no amps on the old part, only the part number :

Edward 73F-103--16-AB Motorcraft

How can I find the Amps for this part? Thanks guys.

Reply to
Tech 22

It's located near the mount where the longest bolt goes through. You may have to remove the alternator to see it, but it will be very clear once you see it.

Reply to
Pygoscelis Papua

As fate would have it, I'm now out of town from where the car is. I do have a buddy there who can go back and glance, but he's too busy (or lazy) to pull the part off then look.

Without taking it off, is there no way to tell from the part number?

Flustered

Reply to
Tech 22

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Do you have heated windshield? If not 65 amp. .......................... No heated front windsheild, only the back defogger. You do mean heated front windshield correct? It's just that I've never heard of that. Great Idea.

Anyway, thanks, I guess I'll go with the 65 amp.

Reply to
Tech 22

Heated front windshields, heated mirrors, heated wiper nozzles...heated keyholes... All common deals in many northern areas that get long, cold winters.

-Steve

Reply to
Steve Reinis

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Yes, you did say windshield. Thanks for your help, friend.

Reply to
Tech 22