MK3 fiesta water leak

I hope somebody out there could help me out with this problem.

2 week ago, one of my hoses blew, the bottom hose right in front of the alternator. This was caused by the alternator rubbing through the hose. I was told that the engine mount had worn, so I replaced it. I also replaced the hose, adjustable alternator bracket (which had snapped under the bolt), and the fanbelt. But the problem is still there. The alternator is still rubbing against the hose. As a temporary measure, I have wrapped a piece of thin tin around the hose.

As it stands, I am totally bewildered as to what is causing the problem. As far as I can tell, it only rubs when starting off, or changing to 2nd gear. What could be causing this to happen? I have done the obvious, so what is left? the transmission mount perhaps, although this is on the other side of the engine and I don't see how it could cause the engine to roll so much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Owen

Reply to
ParryWizard