Mondeo Mk 2 Heated Mirrors

Hi everyone,

I have a Mk2 mondeo glx with electric heated mirrors.

Both mirrors still move in all directions no problem, but the drivers side has recently stopped heating.

I noticed this the other morning when it was very icy. The passenger side thawed nicely, but the drivers side remained cold and covered in ice.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this without replacing the WHOLE mirror?

My first thoughts were perhaps a fuse, but I would have thought both mirrors are on the SAME fuse, not separate ones?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

DAN

Reply to
danielmc1

Yeah... FIRST get it apart enough to inspect it. Could well be a broken wire/connection

Get a replacement you can return

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic