Heated Mirrors?

Well, it is nasty out there in Massachusetts. Luckily, the windshield and back window were covered with slush and not ice. (It occurs to me that they are both great surfaces for ice formation.) It seemed to me that I read the Prius had heated mirrors, but since I didn't see any such buttons or anything about that on the climate screen, I dragged out the manual. It seems to allude to the mirrors heating when you have on the rear window defroster, although it doesn't state that clearly. Is this in fact what happens?

Reply to
Jean B.

yes, it is! (that manual states very little clearly...you'd think after all these years, the Japanese companies would have figured out to hire a decent English-speaker to edit them!)

Rob

Reply to
onerpm

wow i hadn't realized that at all.... great news!

Reply to
RRG

Thanks for confirming that. It is a useful feature!

Reply to
Jean B.

This is easy enough to observe. Do the mirrors feel warmer after you've had the window defroster on for a few minutes?

Reply to
Shawn Hirn