VW Passat Heated Mirrors not working??

Hi

Dont know if anyone can help but both the heated door mirrors dont work, are they on a seperate fuse?, or is there a coil of some sort that needs replacing?

Thanks

Yas

Reply to
Yassir Rashid

Would be fantastic if we knew what year to start. and now you know why we can't fix cars because owners provide little to no useful information!

Reply to
Woodchuck

I guess the year AND location will help. ;-) I see it is in the UK possibly.

Do the mirrors only heat when the rear window defroster switch is on? What does your owner's manual tell you?

dave

Yeh thought something was missing but couldnt see what it was sorry, the car is 1.6 1999 ( T reg ) Passat and yes it is in the UK. The mirrors dont heat at all, the manual says that the little joystick on the drivers door that controls the electric side mirrors should be set to the centre ( there is the option on the joystick to turn it to left mirror and right mirror and in the centre is the heated option, and that when the rear window defroster is switched on so should the mirrors. Not too sure if the little symbol that is lit up red for the heated side mirrors is suppose to change to an amber colour if it is swiched ON??? Any ideas??

Yas

Reply to
Yassir Rashid