Motorcraft parts

Plugs for '94 Tbird 4.6.

From

: AWSF32P Suppressor Spark Plug PLATINUM AWSF32C Suppressor Copper Plug

I've run both at one time and another. Only wished to replace a set.

They no longer seem to be available. I call around, actually pick up a pair of the Motorcraft "replacement parts" for AWSF32P (#SP493).

The AWSF32P has 3/4 " of thread. The #SP493 has about twice that.

To look at 'em side by side (I always do before replacing), it appears the bottom of the plug would thread about 3/4 " deeper into the head, possibly resulting in collision with a piston.

Does anyone have any idea what Unnatural Acts dear Motorcraft is committing with replacement parts?

It runs me ragged, trying to make some sense of their craziness. 'Tis truly a severe penalty for owning a Ford product.

Pissed, Puddin'

"Sometimes, to be silent is to Lie." - philosopher Miguel Unamuno, during the Spanish Civil War

Reply to
Puddin' Man

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says... | |Plugs for '94 Tbird 4.6. | |From

:| | AWSF32P Suppressor Spark Plug PLATINUM | | AWSF32C Suppressor Copper Plug | | what does the sticker in the engine bay say to use ?

I use the double platinum plugs in my 95 4.6 T-Bird.. but conversations with ford techs suggested that was a no no in the dealerships because the car was certified for smog using copper plugs.

Reply to
Steven Stone

Bears no relevance if they're not available, but it oughta say AWSF32C as that was what it hit the showroom with back in '94, and what I ran for many miles.

"Sometimes, to be silent is to Lie." - philosopher Miguel Unamuno, during the Spanish Civil War

Reply to
Puddin' Man

Here's a synopsis of my little experience with Motorcraft parts for my '94 'Boid 4.6:

Pulled wire on #3 cyl. to check plug. Boot element stayed on plug. Black crud in top of element. Was evidently arcing in the sealed area at top of boot. Presumed defective manufacture.

Found that old plug specs are no longer available. Motorcraft replacement plugs are threaded an additional 3/4 ", possibly resulting in broken piston(s).

Got Motorcraft wire set WR5935 from reputable parts shop. Lay out 8 new wires in garage. No individual wire identifiers, have to match 'em up 1-at-a-time.

Got wire specs (individual lengths, etc) from Motorcraft web site. #3 wire is

25". I pull the old #3 wire (25") and find no match with the new wires. There should have been 2 25" wires in the Motorcraft wire set. There were none.

Returned the wire set for refund.

Lucked out and got a single #3 wire from dealer. Car is back on road, thankfully.

There are no auto mfgrs that do not defecate on the folks that invest good money on their products. 'Tis only a question of when and how and the degree.

I take this experience as an omen. If Motorcraft can no longer manage replacement parts, then my last Ford product is the one presently in the garage.

Good Luck, Puddin'