Mystery object . . well it is to me.

Wotcha.

I've just acquired a Ford Sierra based trike, supposedly a 1987 engine / gearbox. It's a four speed auto box, and whilst checking things through I found the kick down didn't operate as it should. Traced the wiring back to what appears to be a relay, or a timer relay. It's a one inch square box, blue in colour, with four terminals marked

54-50 54-52 31 and what looks like 15. - - - and the words "Kick down control" on it. The wiring diagram I have shows an extra terminal, marked 1. - which this "control" doesn't have. I've currently swapped this 'mystery object' for a normal 30 amp relay, and the kick-down seems to work ok. Will this cause any problems - and just what is the "Kick down control" thing anyway ?

I've also noticed you can start the engine whilst the gear lever is in any position - is it just a case of putting a relay between the starter switch and the starter motor solenoid, wired through what I take to be an inhibitor switch mounted on the gearbox ?

Thanks in advance.

--

- - ^..^ Lone Wolf.

^..^ Lone Wolf