NCS and NGC..............

All -

I recently got my first ever from NCS back today and was VERY IMPRESSED with there services. I had submitted 11 coins for conservation(NCS) and grading(NGC) NCS decided to conserve 9 of 11 and leave the other two alone........

All of the coins had PVC damage(seven of them) and the other two had "Glue Residue" the coins come out looking like they were just struck freshly at the mint!! (except for the 31-s cent, they could only get it back to RB)

Now "across the hall" to NGC..........

1931-S Lincoln Cent I guess MS63RB came back MS64RB.......nice! 1950-D Jefferson NIckel my guess was MS63..came back MS64 5FS!! was floored by this one! 1932-S Washington Quarter my guess was F12, THIS WAS THE STUNNER!! It came back an XF40!!! Guess I need a refresher course on grading Wash. 25C !! I am also told that all early Wash 25C were weakly struck (ESP in the 30s) 1943-S Walker 50C my guess was XF45 came back an AU55 !! This one had green PVC all over it when I sent it in. It came back looking almost Mint State!! 1981-P,D,S Anthony Dollar, Likewise these sat in PVC flips for years and we green when I submitted them, the came back MS65,66,and 63 respectively.

Now this next part will make Eric Tillery happy, I recently bought an

83-O and 96 Morgan from him and sent them to NCS, they determined that the coins had unique natural toning and didnt need to be conserved, so they sent them on over the NGC for grading, I was pleasantly surprised what they graded:

1883-O MS65

1896 MS64

Kudos to Eric Tillery, he only charged me MS63 money for both of these!

These last two are Saint Gaudens $20 Double Eagles. they both came back body bagged with " Glue Residue" They came out quite nicely from NCS!!

NGC Graded them..........

1924 MS62 1925 MS64

That's all for now, any thoughts and or comments??

Thanks Gang!

Gary Loveless

Reply to
Gary Loveless