Fred must be worried...

Auto Express article about proposed new tyre laws.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Chris Whelan (Chris Whelan ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Out of all the reasons to avoid Fred's cheap teflon rubbish, that ain't the right one.

WTF will happen when the OE manufacturer stops supplying tyres in the right size? An example - Cit have only ever fitted Michelins, but Mich no longer do _any_ 195/70 14s for s2 CXs.

Reply to
Adrian

Any pre eco tyre law car will be OK to keep using as it never had ECO tyres fitted. The post law cars will be scrap if the tyre can't be got.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Unfortunately, "Eco tyres could cause more accidents..."

Lin Chung

This is bureaucratic madness. No technical justification whatsoever. All they would need to do would be to set some standards which tyres should adhere to, then you could fit any tyre which satisfied the standards.

Reply to
johannes

Absolutely. Besides, it could be legally challenged as a restrictive practice. It is ironic that EU prosecuted Microsoft precisely for pursuing the same tactic. I fear this legislation, if that comes to pass, is not a green issue but has a dark political agendum.

Reply to
Lin Chung

I do wish they'd f*ck off and regulate something useful. The other day it occured to me that some of my boxer shorts have the labels at the back, and some other have the labels at the side. You can only imagine the problems this causes of a morning. Why don't they regulate that eh? EH?

FFS this summer when I was getting up at 4 I even went to work with a pair on backwards...

Reply to
Doki

Doki ("Doki" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Bin there, dun that.

...and you only find out when you need a piss and can't find it...

Reply to
Adrian

I wish they regulated that 'pure cotton' underwear etc had to have pure cotton labels too. Nylon irritates my peach like skin. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So... you're saying you have problems when you put your boxers on

*sideways*?
Reply to
PCPaul

Keeps the other leg clean for next month.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Meh, I can't imagine myself ever owning *anything* that came with low energy tyres anyway. And if I did - I'd be too upset with myself to GAF about an extra tenner per corner.

Reply to
Iridium

I bought some by mistake once. They were s**te. Not as bad as the Falkens I've got at the minute though.

Reply to
Doki

Sound like it would be an administrative headache. How many years does a particular type of tyre remain current? I remember the OE on my A3 being unavailable after 6-7 years.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I am a Kumho dealer.

November 12th 2002.

Reply to
Fred

Do you think it likely this will go forward? Have you heard anything through the trade?

It seems an absolutely crazy idea to me.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I'm more worried that my Vista PC seems unable to post on newsgroups tonight.

Reply to
Fred

No it's just another daft idea from dopey people like Steve H.

Have you heard anything through

The last Adrian style bollocks I read was about road noise, have a look here :

This is the rag of the tyre trade.

I agree it's crazy, and if implemented it would also be dangerous.

Reply to
Fred

My tyres will last a lot longer than Colway remoulds though, colway are so good that they are now in administration.

that ain't

Reply to
Fred