Need a new car

Hello all, My wife totaled our 03 Windstar. Of course, we only enjoyed a bout 6 mos of payment freedom. We need a daily driver, so it has to have some room left on the odometer. I'm thinking a 6 cyl Escape or Explorer in the '06 to '10 range. However, it doesn't have to be an SUV as we no longer need a family hauler type vehicle. AWD drive is ok, but once again, not necessary. What I really want to know is if there is any inherent problems with either model SUV, or Ford products in general. I've poked around online and found complaints of tranny and brake issues on the Explorer, and the Flex sounds like it has engine shut down and brake problems. Anyone care to jump in? Thanks.

Reply to
jwald

Avoid the EARLY focus. The last few years have been pretty good by most reports.

Reply to
clare

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:11:48 -0800 (PST), jwald wrote Re Need a new car:

Avoid the Focus. Lots of little problems that add up.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:35:32 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote Re Re: Need a new car:

That may be. I should have specified the 2005 Focus, which was a great disappointment after the trouble-free 1997 Escort that I had.

What was the first year of the Focus?

Reply to
Caesar Romano

2002?
Reply to
clare

Try a Fusion either AWD or 2WD. We have a 2007 and it has given us nothing but outstanding service throughout four years here in Alaska. DaveD

Reply to
Dave Dodson