Need to repair my ford aerostar

I have a 92ford aerostar and I need someone to tell me how to take the steering column apart and fix the linkage to my gear shifter. It is an automatic. I don't have the money to take it somewhere. I do the work on most of my vehicles but have never done this before.

Reply to
realredf31

Even a haynes may not have that... I'd suggest you invest in a shop CD (truck) on ebay, I think 93 may be the first year but that should suffice.

If the problem is definitely in the Column, you might be ahead to buy an entire column from a salvage yard... and that will tell you a lot of what you need to know... just having it in your hands.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The best way is to find a " U-Pull-it " recycler. That way you get to learn how to remove and not pay for damage. :)

Reply to
Cosmopolite

For $25 you can get an alldatadiy account and that should have some specifics on removing the column. You can print the stuff out and keep it if you need to but it's only a one year subscription. I have one for each of my three cars, comes in very handy when the engine light starts blinking, etc. That and a salvage yard should do you right.

Reply to
sleepdog

Reply to
dmtaurus