Noise, 2005 Ford Escape

Bought the vehicle with 19,000. It was quieter when purchased. It now has

29,000 miles. Recently the noise has increased dramatically. Why?
Reply to
gregger

Always nice to know what kinda noise, wind noise , squeaks & rattles, engine noise , brake noise.

Reply to
johanb

  1. Because you went from a noisier car to it, now you're used to it.

  1. Because the tread had worn and you have more 'lug noise' on the highway due to tire design

  2. Who says there's no such thing as a stupid question?

- there's CERTAINLY ways of framing a question so it SOUNDS stupid.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You have accidentally changed your radio station from country and western (or at least classic rock) to one featuring (c)rap music... adjusting the controls should help.

You have 1000 miles from this post until your warranty vanishes ( unless you bought extended). Conjecture can keep you going until the warranty evaporates.... or you could go to the dealer and have it checked under warranty. Of course they would also need a better description of your concern.

Look at it this way.... if it was all that easy, I wouldn't have a job....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Maybe he has not checked the oil in 10,000 miles and it's slightly low. Maybe he has a kid that poked a hole in the muffler. Maybe the engine mounts are loose. Maybe the hood is sprung open. Maybe some under hood sound deadener has fallen off. Maybe an exhause manifold has cracked. Maybe he has oil dilution with fuel or coolant.

Maybe he'll be victimized by the first shop that tells him a tale and charges him $1500. My guess is it will be the latter.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Maybe he will realize that it is an 05 and should be under warranty.... Maybe some people will realize that not all shops are bandits but the good ones get trampled by those seeking the low bid....

Al... what do you do for a living (and don't tell me shoe salesman)?.... I'm sure we can trot out a volume or four of horror stories related to your chosen vocation...

Reply to
Jim Warman