Old Texas License Plates??

Does anyone have know where I can find old (1961 and 1967) Texas license plates.

In TX, if you have a Classic Car (over 25yrs old) you can use plates from the model year of your car. All you have to do is take them into the tax office for approval to make sure they are still in usable shape.

I know there's a person in Lockhart, but I can't find his name.

Thanks,

Scott

************************************************* Scott H. Sexton help@
sexton.com Eeyore's Birthday Party
Scott Sexton

And it's a 'full use' registration?

I see their 'antique' reg is pretty darn restrictive. No sunday drives in the country with those things

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

From the application found at:

"Applicants that have license plates which are the same year as the classic vehicle may use those plates in lieu of Classic License Plates issued by this department. The applicant must have the license plates examined at one of the VTR Regional Offices or participating county tax office before submitting the application. The license plates must be the same year as the year model of the classic vehicle, be in good readable condition, and have the correct color scheme."

Looks like 'full use' to me. I guess I'll find out soon enough!

sexton.com Eeyore's Birthday Party
Scott Sexton

Old plates can be found on ebay. I got a set for my brother-in-law, no problem driving with them on the car.

--steve

Reply to
steve.ravet