Can anyone recommend a good Toyota mechanic in the DFW metroplex

My wife drives a Honda and found an extremely dedicated outfit to take care of it (complete computerized record keeping system for all work done, maintenance reminders sent in the mail and their mechanics will tell you exactly what they are doing and why, they also keep any parts pulled for your inspection).

I would like to find someone doing the same thing for Toyotas, as the dealership I purchased from has proven less than satisfactory (using an air wrench to tighten the skid plate, *way* over tightening the oil filter, that kind of thing).

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Sam Hill

Hi, I asked a similar question but to a different chat place - for landcruiser owners - called "Cool Cruisers of Texas" for finding a good Landcruiser mechanic in the Dallas area. Here's what I got back:

****" You might want to try to phone Butch Baker at Baker Tire in Bonham, TX. He is the President of the local Cruiser club, Lone Star Land Cruisers (check out
You might have to wait a week or so, since Butch and many of the locals are attending the Black Hills Cruiser Classic in South Dakota right now. About 2 years ago, Nick Stone (very active in lslc) recommended the following mechanics: Jesse Holguin 972-484-0079; Mike Dajda 817-595-9001; and Randy Witt 972-554-7774. Keep in mind that since these numbers are at least two years old, they may have changed. Good luck.

I go to Dajda Do-rite, in North Richland Hills, which is northeast of fort worth. Mike Dajda knows Landcruisers. He owns several. atleast 40% of his business is Landcruisers. he is near the Trinity Railway Express. near enough, atleast, that he will have one of his guys pick you up or drop you off at the Richland Hills station.

Mike stands behind his work. If something doesn't work out when he repairs something, he won't pass the buck, he will keep working at it till he gets it fixed, at no additional cost to you. Mike is a great guy and a member of the local Landcruiser club. 817-427-4857 "****

I definitely know how you feel, I used to do the mechanical work until I went into my current career - and I was good at my job, people really liked my service - I liked doing the same. Now I don't have much time to work on my own Toyotas, kinda sucks, and it burns me to see another "mechanic" do slip-shod work, really irritating.

Now, you may be able to contact one of these guys and either work with them, or they may lead you to another good person. I haven't moved into the local Dallas area yet, will soon, if you find out something good I'd appreciate your comments at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com. Good luck, finding a good mechanic can be very helpful....now if you can give me details about living in the Dallas area I'd sure appreciate that... - BT

Reply to
Joe Schmoe

Thanks for the leads, I'll be following up on them tomorrow.

As for living in Dallas, since I'm in Ft. Worth, some of my pointers may be a little off the mark.

Always give yourself an extra 10 to 15 minutes when taking the freeways. The metroplex has a great transportation system, but it bogs bad during rush hour and if *anything* happens (rain, stalled car, dog on the side of the road ).

Fastest net access can be had by living in Keller, Verizon has fiber to the premises there. Something like 18Mb symetrical @ $30/mo.

Fastest growing, priciest and most congested areas are north and south of DFW proper (the Alliance Corridor up towards Denton, Grapevine, Coppel, Flowermound, Southlake to the North and points due South of Ft. Worth [Mansfield, Burleson, etc.])

South Dallas is an area to stay out of, unless the state fair is happening.

Schools are a mixed bag, as they are all Independent School Districts, so it's all where you live that decides the grade of instruction.

Night life is varied, lower Greenville in Dallas is good, downtown Ft. Worth is "one stop shopping".

Museums are plentiful, Ft. Worth Museum of Science and History, Kimball, The Modern are all within spittin' distance of each other.

*Great* library system, sadly underfunded now days. Dallas has the Modern Art Museum of Dallas, the TI Science Place.

That's a quick overview, if you have something specific post here and I'll do a little research for you.

Regards:

Reply to
Sam Hill

Sam,

Totally appreciate your comments. Actually, if you have anything on Richardson, Tx - looks like that's where I'm going to live starting

7/1/05, still haven't visited the place 'cept online, will fly there soon to secure housing but if you know anything about the area...? Can't wait to get my truck there...Thanks again.

-- Joe

Reply to
Joe Schmoe