ordering ISCV from alternate manufacturer?

Mine is built by hitachi, stamped by Ford. Is there a way to order it directly from hitachi, or somebody else, to save some bucks?

Not usually....I understand that certain of these might be hard to get in Europe.. but the best bet is to try auto parts suppliers

Have you tried cleaning it first?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yes, try cleaning it:

Sharon K.Cooke

If you have to get a new one, try NAPA or someone else who makes good parts.

Reply to
scott21230

Except he's in Eastern Europe, judging from the header info

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

yes, cleaned it, contacts too, vast improvement, but unfortunately not permanent. I am an electric/IT engineer so repair would be very possible if I could only open it, but the darn thing is not openable without cutting its metal housing.

Croatia, that would be central europe next to italy&austria.