Power stering pulley

how to remove power stering pulley in 5.0 HO Ford engine ('91 T-bird)? Do I need some special tool. I need to remove it to take off powwer stering and AC bracket and after that remove a cylinder head..

Mark, PL

Reply to
Maro

Yes, you do.. or get creative. See that groove around the pulley? Special puller fits into and around hub.

And another makes reinstallation much easier. Check German FORD products to see if they also use it. I know for certain that late eighties Grenada (Skorpio) and Sierra imports to US had same hub

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I've seen this grove, but I was wondering if there is some screw inside. I couldn't fit anything to remove this screw(if it's a screw).

thanks for help I will check in europen Fords.

Mark

Reply to
Maro

Yes, you will need a specific design pulley removal tool. They are about $35.00 or check with Auto Zone to see if they have one for you to use. A conventional pulley puller tool will bend the pulley.

Frank

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit

Go to Harbor freight and buy a PS pulley puller for $25 or so.......

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

That's why I referred him to Euro-fords.

- - - - - -- - - - And that hex cavity there is to hold the shaft while > Yes, you will need a specific design pulley removal tool. They are

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yes I'm not from US !!! I can't go to store and buy some special tool or part. But I will find some solution.

And that's information what I needed. Thanks.

Mark_PL

Reply to
Maro