Crank pulley removal

Hi ramva!

Is there a way to remove the crank pulley without the special tool? I need to take the pulley out by sunday and it's almost impossible to get the tool that fast. Any remomendation that does not involve damage to my engine is welcome.

TIA, Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

"walk" it off with two large screwdrivers or tire irons. Not the recommended way of doing things, but it works....

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

i drilled a large hole in my stock pulley( it was bent to begin with,thats why i changed it) then used a small crowbar and a mallet =]

Reply to
Exille

I just got a "harmonic balancer" puller from the local tool shop ($12.00) Sears has a version of this at this link...

then put to long bolts through the hole in the pulley with the washer andnut between the pulley and the case. I kept the stock bolt in the crank butjust a thread or two and put the wide flat portion of the pullers screw onthe pulley nut and tightened the pullers screw. Hope this makes sense andhelps.

Kris

Reply to
speedbuggy