Programming Ford Ranger Keys

Can any one besides a Ford Dealer program a second key on 2000 and later Rangers???

Don't tell me locksmiths either, they've been locked out too.

Lee

Reply to
Dleer

Yes.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

effin things...

some easy to snap the doors open on a ranger though ;)

Reply to
Picasso

Um...didja try googling "programming Ford Ranger Keys"????

Google is your friend

-Don Don Byrer KJ5KB Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy Glider & CFI wannabe kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "Watch out for those doves..."

Reply to
Don Byrer

If you have 1 key and want another, you need to go through a reprogramming procedure with a scan tool. Ford dealers, locksmiths and some auto repair shops will have a scan tool to accomplish this.

If you have 2 keys and want a third key, you can program the 3rd key yourself.

Reply to
Mr. Byron Smith III

Nothing there to help him program a second key.

Program a new master key on 96-98, yes. Program a third key on 98 and newer, yes.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 03:45:41 GMT, aarcuda69062 <

Wel...OK I did read "second key" as "additional key", soo my bad... but the article DOES indeed tell you what to do:

**You must have two original keys to perform this procedure. If you only have one key, you WILL have to take it to the dealer to get it programmed**

. Don Byrer KJ5KB Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy Glider & CFI wannabe kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "Watch out for those doves..."

Reply to
Don Byrer

Don't tell me locksmiths either, they've been locked out too.

Lee

Reply to
Chuck

bending the gear..."

The PATS antilock "feature" can be disabled by modifying the ECM but it voids the warranty.

Reply to
Shawn

I got a few blanks from Ebay for $5.00 each. The dealer wanted $25.00 each. No deal.