Question on 2000 E-350 Van

Hello All,

I have a question for the group. We were towing a travel trailer with our 2000 V-10 E350 van, and after driving about 400 miles between Ft. Davis and New Braunfels, Texas we encountered the following. We stopped at a stop light and as we came to a halt, we heard and felt a loud bang as if someone had hit us from behind. When the light changed, we pulled through the intersection and got off onto the shoulder to check the trailer and hitch for any problems. There were none. We then attempted to start up again. The engine started right up with no problems or unusual indications on the instruments, but as soon as I pulled the shift lever into drive, the engine stopped. It did not sputter or anything, it just stopped as if I had cut off the switch. I tried several times with the same result. I eventually had to have it towed to a shop in New Braunfels. That was Saturday, and they didn't look at until today (Tuesday). Now it seems to be working fine. It is hard to diagnose a problem when everything is working. I'm wondering if it is possible that we over heated the transmission and perhaps the computer sensed a problem and shut the engine down. Now after everything has cooled off the computer has reset and everything works again. Has anyone had any experience with a problem like this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Allen G.

Reply to
Allen G.