Quick question about 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

Leather upholstery, just want to know if it's glued on the foam seat or not (without having to take the seat apart before ordering this...

I know they sell cigar-plug heated seat covers, but I'd like to go for an OEM look next winter...

routing wires is not a problem, the switch will probably go either on the door control panel or on the left side of my climate control thingie

(might eve get lazy and use the defrost switch :)

Reply to
El Bandito

The seat cover is not glued to the foam "form".... whether cloth or leather.... There are wire formers sewn into the cover that are hog ringed to the foam around similar wire formers set into the foam....

Once you start taking the seat apart, it should become obvious as to the construction.... the right tools make the job go eay.... A decent pair of side cutters and a set of hogring pliers (inexpensive) as well as a few hogrings.... expect to waste the odd one.... will make you well prepared for the job.

It can, occasionally, be frustrating to get the covers back on with no wrinkles... but time and patience are your friend.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks...

I'll look into it.