rain leak 93 t-bird

Passenger floor all wet - I saw water drop on the rug where the floor pan angles up under the dash. This just started. Cleaned leaves out of wiper trough will check tomorrow because it's raining tonight. Suggestions appreciated. vohar

Reply to
JM Van_Horn

at night try this:: open the hood area and get someone to get into the car with a flashlight under the dash on the pass. side with it on... look for the light leaking from the inside car via the firewall and also the area by the windhield wipers.. might be able to see the source... it dont work in the daytime.... too much light....

Reply to
jim

Be sure it's water and not antifreeze. A wet passenger floor is a classic clue to a leaking heater core. If you have air conditioning it could also be caused by a plugged drainline from the heater plenum.

Reply to
max-income

I don't know this type of car but is the battery located in the wiper trough on that side ? If so remove the battery and have a good prod about underneath it ! This is a common rot-spot on Ford models.

Reply to
RustY ©

Thanks for the suggestions! The flashlight one sounds good, and I will try it when I get a helper. It is definitely rainwater - saw it dripping when driving during the rain and not dripping driving today without the rain. There was quite a bit in the rug and I spent a lot of time with a sponge and a lot of time with a hair dryer trying to dry it out so I got a good look at it. Battery is not on the back wall.

I need to get a shop manual - I have a Haynes manual and it says to take the rugs out every 3 months, but doesn't say how! It looks very tight and unremovable. By day I put a hair dryer on it and by night I put down plastic and a tray.

Took more leaves out of the wiper tray today - geez I hope that was it.

Reply to
JM Van_Horn