Re: '96 Taurus "clunk"

From what I've seen on the taurus comments on the net, buy a 97 or later

good luck

This is an LX wagon and 81,000 miles--it's on a lot and I'm

considering

buying it. When coming off the lot, going around corners at low speed, > etc., there's a not very loud dull, but definitely there, clunk. I'm > thinking it might be tie rods, but I don't know. Any ideas? > > Does this model have any famous weaknesses (like the older Tauruses and > they're transmissions)? > > The price is right--well under book--should I buy an extended

warranty?

> Dave in Colorado > >
Reply to
MF

I saved myself grief by having my mechanice do a $35 full inspection

Peace of mind, plus if there are 'issues' you've got bargaining power. I've got a 94 Taurus wagon and there are many screws that need tightening.

So many of these >From what I've seen on the taurus comments on the net, buy a 97 or >later

Reply to
JD